LAMOILLE — The LaMoille School Board took action on the following items at its meeting Jan. 16:
• Saw the December financial report showed expenditures of: $189,716.88 in the Education fund, $19,345.71 in the Building Fund, $17,516.97 in the Transportation Fund, $9,450.50 in I.M.R.F., $100 in Tort, and $925 in Fire Prevention.
• Accepted the resignation of Cynthia Shevokas as the current board secretary. Board member Mary Stouffer was appointed to fill the vacancy.
• Approved the resolution for the issuance of General Obligation Life Safety School Bonds in the amount of $240,000.
• Approved the fourth-grade field trip to the Discovery Center in Rockford.
• Accepted the quote from Specialty Floors to clean and finish the gym floors at Allen for a total of $1,029 and for the gym floors for LaMoille High School for a total of $1,822.
• Accept a three-year lease allowing 15,000 miles per year from Midwest Bus Sales, Inc. for the following buses: 1 – 2013 Thomas saf-T-Liner C2 71-passenger for $9,400 per year; 2 – 2013 Thomas saf-T-Liner C2’s 53-passenger for $9,066 per bus per year. The board also accepted one-year leases for 1 – 2011 GMC/Thomas Minotour 18+1 lift bus (diesel) for $9,950; and 1 – 2012 Chev/Thomas Minotour 29-passenger (diesel) for $9,950.
• Noted the request for a fundraiser by the high school cheerleaders.
• Approved employing Hallie May to continue as head high school volleyball coach for the 2012 season.
• Did not approve a request for leave of absence from Employee No. 25 for the second semester of the 2011-12 school year.