PRINCETON — The Princeton City Council conducted the following business at its March 20 meeting in city hall:
• Appointed Alan Forristall to the Industrial Development Commission, with his term to expire June 30, 2013.
• Approved Princeton Plan Commission recommendation to approve the rezoning request from David Guither and Harry Guither of property at 815 Park Avenue West, the Alexander Park Tavern, from Residential R-1 to Business B-1, in order to assure the ability to rebuild a structure in the event of a catastrophe.
• Amended the city code to place a stop sign on Farnham Street westbound at Homer Street.
• Amended the city code to make a No Parking designation on both sides of East Farnham Street, eastbound from North Homer Street to the dead end.
• Heard the city received the $149,946 in its 1 percent share of sales tax in March, compared to $153,231 received in March 2011. Heard the city also received $49,841 from its 0.5 percent non home rule tax in March, compared to $52,186 received in March 2011.
• Heard the city has received year-to-date, May through March, $1,542,039 in its 1 percent share of sales tax, compared to $1,510,370 for the same time period in the 2011 year. Heard the city has also received year-to-date, May through March, $500,616 from its 0.5 non home rule tax, compared to $484,835 for the same time period in the 2011 year.
• Approved payment of bills as follows: $5,843 in the Department of Public Affairs; $110,170 in the Department of Accounts and Finances; $137,049 in the Department of Public Health and Safety; $100,426 in the Department of Streets and Public Improvements; $698,180 in the Department of Public Property and Utilities.