PRINCETON — The Bureau County Board took action on the following items at its meeting Sept. 11:
• Heard board president Dale Anderson appoint Wade Blackert as trustee to the Mineral-Gold Fire Protection District. Blackert will complete the term of Duane Cathelyn, which ends May 2013.
• Saw Gina Martin of the Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation present an award to Bureau County Coroner Janice Wamhoff on behalf of her efforts in dealing with families for organ, tissue and eye donations.
• Tabled the overtime issue in the public defender’s office to October.
• Heard 11 properties were sold at the tax sale auction.
• Approved increasing the pay of part-time treasure’s office employee Sharon Bence from $8 to $10 per hour. Fees and Salaries Chairman Marshann Entwhistle said the committee did not recommend making the pay increase retroactive to June as had been requested.
• Heard the coroner’s office dealt with 17 cases, five death investigations, three autopsies and 11 cremations last month.
• Heard the public defender’s office had seven felony cases opened and seven closed; 17 misdemeanor cases opened and 10 closed; 17 traffic cases opened and 20 closed; and four juvenile cases opened and one closed.
• Accepted the bid for the courthouse floor cleaning from ServiceMaster of Princeton for $3,150, and the bid for courthouse painting from C&M Painting of Spring Valley for $7,150.
• Received a comparison sheet from board member Mike Kohr on comparing rates from competing electric companies.