Spring Valley Elementary
SPRING VALLEY — The Spring Valley Elementary School Board took action on the following items at its meeting Sept. 19:
• Heard Superintendent Jim Hermes is checking on three small windows above the courtyard doors that were not replaced. The vandal-proof screens should be here in the next few weeks.
• Heard the vestibules will be finished (trim and carpet) once the exterior doors are replaced in October.
• Heard Allied Design is working on the design of specific classroom areas following a meeting with the teachers.
• Heard the district is applying right now for the 2013-14 e-rate funding year. The district will be reimbursed 80 percent for all of the tech-wiring in the new building.
• Heard Walmart donated three pallets of salt, and the Spring Valley Elementary Foundation donated $7,000 toward math manipulatives.
• Approved Annual Application for School Recognition for Kennedy and Lincoln.
• Approved FY ‘13 employee insurance.
• Approved the 2012-13 handbook revisions. The handbook is available online on the school website.
• Authorized the posting of the FY ‘12 salaries.
• Approved the District Improvement Plan.
• Authorized Hermes to seek snow removal bids following the ending of the two-year agreement last winter.
• Accepted the resignation of Tricia Burkart as cheer coach. Lauren Baltikauski and Kelly Argentine will share cheer duties.
• Approved the two-year, non-certified retirement request of Sue Kusek, who will retire following the 2013-14 school year.
• Tentatively ratified the three-year agreement with the Spring Valley C.C.S.D. 99 Teachers’ Association, AFT Local 604, AFL-CIO, pending union ratification and board negotiating team approval.