Grand jury returns indictments
PRINCETON — A Bureau County grand jury considered the following cases when it met Oct. 10 in the Bureau County Courthouse in Princeton:
• Sinead Jones, 22, of Spring Valley was indicted for the Class 3 felony of aggravated battery. She is accused of striking a Spring Valley woman on Aug. 18 with a deadly weapon, a liquor bottle. Spring Valley Police Officer Matt Stank testified before the grand jury. Jones is free from custody, having posted 10 percent of a $5,000 bond.
• Michael S. Ratajczak, 26, of Manlius was indicted for the Class 1 felony of residential burglary. He is accused of entering the residence of a Manlius couple on Sept. 13 with the intent to commit a theft within that residence. Investigator Randy Hasbrook with the Bureau County Sheriff’s Department testified before the grand jury. Ratajczak is in custody with bond set at $35,000.
• Thomas M. McHale, 35, of Burton, Mich., and Timothy July, 36, of Indianapolis, Ind., were both indicted for the Class 1 felony of unlawful possession with intent to deliver more than 2,000 grams of cannabis on Sept. 26. District 17 Illinois State Trooper Zachary McNelly testified before the grand jury. Both McHale and July are free from custody, each having posted 10 percent of a $25,000 bond.
The cases were presented to the grand jury by Bureau County State’s Attorney Patrick Herrmann. The indictments on Jones and Ratajczak were returned before Circuit Judge Marc Bernabei. The indictments on McHale and July were returned before Associate Circuit Judge C.J. Hollerich.
More Local News
- A $1,500 fine a day
- BV's cuts have teachers concerned
- After the storm ...
- Cameron and kindergarten
- 'Walk the Track’ for breast cancer fundraiser