Macareno is placed on probation
PRINCETON — A Chicago man has been placed on two and one-half years non-reporting probation after pleading guilty in Bureau County Court to the Class 4 felony of unlawful possession of cannabis.
Nestor X. Macareno, 24, entered his guilty plea on Oct. 5 before Circuit Judge Marc Bernabei. In addition to the probation, Macareno was also ordered to serve two months in the Bureau County Jail and to pay fines, fees and court costs totaling $2,000.
On March 9, Macareno was stopped for a traffic violation by the Princeton Police Department. During that traffic stop, a K-9 unit alerted to the presence of narcotics in the vehicle. A subsequent search of the vehicle revealed about 250 grams of cannabis.
This was Macareno’s first conviction.
More Local News
- Princeton residents arrested on drug charges
- Pension reform and teachers
- Walnut Food Pantry gears up for the holiday season
- ‘Freezin’ for a Reason’ generates toys, money, hope
- Christmas ... and a step back in time