Bureau County voters will elect not only village board and school board members in the April 9, 2013, consolidated election, but also some voters will elect their public library board members.
On Friday, Bureau County Clerk Kami Hieronymus said some communities and townships appoint their public library board members, while other communities and townships choose to go through an election process.
For those communities and townships using an election process, library board packets are now available through the individual library. The only requirement to be a library board member is the person must be a registered voter and a resident of the library district, Hieronymus said.
In Bureau County, the following library positions will be open in the April 2013 election:
• Ladd Public Library: There are three open trustee positions, with those positions currently held by Donna Foster, Rita Martinkus and Chris Ripka.
• LaMoille-Clarion Public Library: Four trustee positions are open in the April election with those positions currently held by Shelly Stouffer, Vicky Bonnell, Nancy Sibigtroth and Bill Schwanbenland.
• Leepertown Township Public Library: Information not available by press time.
• Mineral-Gold Public Library: Open positions are still being determined.
• Neponset Township Library: Three trustee positions will be open in the April election. Those positions are currently held by Carol Gerrrond, Mark Kemerling with the third open position not yet determined by press time.
• Ohio Public Library: Three trustee positions are open in the April election. Those positions are currently held by Romaine Albrecht, Jan Phillips and Pam Gonigam.
• Selby Township Library, DePue: Four positions will be open in the April 2013 election. Those positions are currently held by Mary Miranda, Celia Lopez, Rita Solorio and Cindy Bosnich.
• Sheffield Public Library: There will be two openings in April election. Both positions are currently unfilled.
• Princeton Public Library: Trustees are not elected, but rather appointed by the mayor and city council.
• Spring Valley’s Richard A. Mautino Memorial Library: Trustees are appointed by the city council.
• Tiskilwa Public Library: There are four open trustee positions in the April election. Those positions are currently held by Rich Foss, Eileen Behrends, Nancy Johnston and Elaine Gerber.
• Walnut Public Library: There are four trustee positions open in the April election. Those positions are currently held by Stephanie Guenther, Janis McDonald, Tara Wagenknecht and Rodger Schwind.
• Wyanet’s Raymond A. Sapp Memorial Township Library: There are four open positions in the April election.
Comment on this story at www.bcrnews.com.