PRINCETON — The Princeton High School board of education conducted the following business at its Oct. 24 meeting at the high school:
• Approved the appointment of winter coaches as follows: Jesse Brandt, as head boys basketball coach; Michael Fredericks, assistant boys basketball coach; Eric Tinley, assistant boys basketball coach; Kevin Hieronymus, head girls basketball coach; Chris Yepsen, assistant girls basketball coach; Heath Terando, assistant girls basketball coach; Ken Wilson, assistant girls basketball volunteer; Steve Amy, head wrestling coach; Jesse Snyder, assistant wrestling coach; Kevin Amy, assistant wrestling volunteer; and Brian Taylor, assistant wrestling volunteer.
• Recognized the following students as October Students of the Month: Jacqueline (Dani) Berkler, Rebekah Rowland, Elizabeth Stites, Kyle Odell, Phoenix Smallwood and Austin Mack.
• Set tuition charge for the 2012-13 school year at the current per capita tuition charge of $11,220.
• Heard from PHS Principal Andy Berlinski the school has completed its work on Rising Star, which is a process for continued school improvement. Division has assessed all required indicators for achievement this year and developed plans for demonstrating those indicators have been implemented, Berlinski said. The final draft of the Rising Star plan will be available for the board at its November meeting, he said.
• Heard Julie Swedman, coordinator of the 21st Century Grant program for PHS, has been busy setting up clubs for students, including a science club, food club and theatre set design club. All current clubs have seen strong attendance so far this year, Berlinski said.