• St. Louis School will hold Veterans Day services at 1 p.m. today, Thursday, in Harkrader Hall at the school. All veterans and current military are invited to attend. Guests should arrive 15 minutes early to sign in. A dessert reception for all veterans and current military will follow the assembly. To R.S.V.P. for the assembly and reception, call the school at 815-872-8521. The public is invited to the assembly.
• Logan Junior High School will hold Veterans Day services at 9 a.m. today, Thursday. Patriotic music, speeches and special tributes to the veterans will be highlighted to commemorate the day. All veterans are encouraged to attend a special 8 a.m. breakfast to be served in the Logan auxiliary gym next to the main office. The guest speaker for the assembly will be veteran and long-time Princeton Elementary District teacher and coach Brian Herron, who will retire at the end of the school year.
• Bureau Valley North will hold Veterans Day services at 9 a.m. Friday.
• Harold E. Russell Post 938, American Legion, in Ladd will hold Veterans Day services at 10:50 a.m. Sunday at War Memorial Park in Ladd. The public is invited to attend. In case of rain, the service will be held at the Ladd American Legion Hall.
• Allen Junior High School in LaMoille will hold a Veterans Day assembly at 8:15 a.m. Monday.
• Bureau Valley High School will hold Veterans Day services at 8:30 a.m. Monday in the auditorium.
• Princeton High School will hold a Veterans Day breakfast at 7 a.m. in the school cafeteria and a flagpole ceremony at 7:45 a.m. Monday. At the flagpole, participants will recite the Pledge of Allegiance and the Star Spangled Singers will lead the National Anthem. The local American Legion & V.F.W. will close with a 21-gun salute. For reservations, call Pat Marquis at 815-875-3308, ext. 262.
• The Princeton Veterans Group, along with American Legion Woman’s Auxiliary Unit 125 of Princeton and the Princeton DAR, will conduct Veterans Day services at 10:30 a.m. Monday at Veterans Memorial Park on South Main Street in Princeton. Those who plan to participate should be at the park no later than 10:15 a.m. to line up. Princeton Police Chief Tom Root will be the guest speaker. Refreshments will be served after the services at the American Legion Post on West Peru Street. All are invited to attend.
• • •
The BCR’s annual Salute to Veterans tab will be distributed in Saturday’s BCR.