Manlius Village Board 10-2
MANLIUS — The Manlius Village Board took action on the following items at its meeting Oct. 2:
• Agreed to put Tammy Benson on the agenda for the November meeting. The board made the decision after hearing from Matt Dale about a letter Benson said she received from Mayor Gene Menard denying her to be put on the agenda for the October meeting.
• Heard an update from Manlius Village Engineer Jack Kusek on the progress of the street paving. Work is being done, and it should be completed soon.
• Heard Kusek had met with the power company about the electrical problems at the park.
• Heard the water tower should be completed in late October. The bid from Putnam County Painting for $38,850 for painting the interior only. Spot painting on the outside will be at an additional cost.
• Approved the purchase of four $60 shelving units for the village hall for storage.
• Approved a motion to have someone solder a new battery into the PalmPilot.
• Approved water ordinance #0-3-12-10-2. This was to amend the ordinance to read the meters by the 12th, bill by the 16th and the due date on the 30th. This will give people 14 days to pay their bills.
• Heard Village Auditor Janet Pierson go over the annual audit report.
• Decided to take no action on the video gaming issue.
• Approved a zoning ordinance from Tammy Benson to rezone her property from B1 to B3 for a restaurant.
• Discussed the sidewalk at 208 Siebel St., which needs to be replaced.