Bureau County Board 11-13
PRINCETON — The Bureau County Board conducted the following business at its Nov. 13 meeting at the Bureau County Courthouse in Princeton:
• Heard from Circuit Clerk Laurie Abrahams who is retiring from the position at the end of the month. Abrahams thanked the board for working well with her through the years and said she will continue to be available to help in any transition needs for the new circuit clerk, Mary Romanelli Dremann. Abrahams asked the board to consider raising the starting pay for employees, so it will be easier to hire needed new people in the office.
• Appointed Larry Mueller as a trustee to Neponset Fire Protection District to fill the unexpired term of Robert Bennett.
• Voted to hire consultant Michael Reibel to help with the update of the county’s comprehensive plan.
• Approved amendments to the 2011-12 budget as presented.
• Tabled action on a residential firearms ordinance.
• Approved a request from the family of George and June Flaherty to donate a park bench for Soldiers and Sailors Park in memory of the Flahertys. Also approved a request from the probation department to donate lilac bushes to the courthouse in memory of the department supervisor Lance Wojciechowski.
• Set a re-organizational meeting for 6:30 p.m. Dec. 3 at the Bureau County Courthouse. At that time, all county board members will be sworn into office and a board chairman elected.