Ladd Village Board 11-13
LADD — The Ladd Village Board took action on the following items at its meeting Nov. 13:
• Heard Village Engineer Larry Good report a meeting was held to discuss the punch list items for the Cleveland Street Sewer Separation project. Superintendent Doug Englehaupt is concerned with the height of some manholes that may cause problems when plowing snow. President Mike Grivetti said an area between two homes also needs attention.
• Approved payment of $24,088.42 to Universal Asphalt & Excavating for the 2012 Motor Fuel Tax program.
• Reviewed a quote of $325 from Starved Rock Communications to make the police department radios narrowband compliant. The board directed Chief Bill Gaefcke to have the work done after the Bureau County Sheriff’s Department radios have been changed.
• Tabled decisions on the purchase of a pickup truck for the street department and the introduction of SeaQuest into the water distribution system until the Nov. 27 meeting.
• Heard Tony Fiorentini of Dakota Street Insurance present a proposal for liability insurance for village property.
• Reinstated the liquor license of Cancun Inc. following the closing of Kankun Restaurante & Bar.
• Approved a $280 donation to the Hall Township Food Pantry for four Thanksgiving and four Christmas holiday baskets.
• Approved bills in the amount of $55,739.52.
• Entered closed session to discuss the collective bargaining agreement.
The next regular board meeting will be at 6:30 p.m. Nov. 27 in the village hall.