Walnut man sentenced to prison
WALNUT — Michael R. Strader, 25, of Walnut was sentenced to serve one year and six months in the Illinois Department of Corrections after pleading guilty to the Class 4 felony of retail theft.
Strader entered his guilty plea Nov. 19 before Associate Circuit Judge C.J. Hollerich in Bureau County Court. In addition to the prison sentence, Strader was ordered to pay fines and costs totaling $704 by Dec. 27, 2013. Strader was given credit for time served from Sept. 18, to Nov. 18.
Strader was represented in court by Public Defender Michael Henneberry. Prosecuting the case was Assistant State’s Attorney Daniel Anderson.
This is Strader’s first felony conviction.
More Local News
- Princeton residents arrested on drug charges
- Pension reform and teachers
- Walnut Food Pantry gears up for the holiday season
- ‘Freezin’ for a Reason’ generates toys, money, hope
- Christmas ... and a step back in time