Reorganizing the county board
PRINCETON — Dale Anderson of Tiskilwa has been re-elected chairman of the Bureau County Board.
The board met in special session Monday evening to reorganize and have a swearing-in ceremony for all 26 county board members.
Anderson, a Republican, has been on the county board for 11 years and is beginning his third, two-year term as chairman.
With no other nominations from the board, Anderson was unanimously elected as chairman.
Marshann Entwhistle of rural Princeton was elected as county board vice chairman, though not on a unanimous vote. Entwhistle, a Republican, was nominated by board member Kristi Warren, a Republican from Princeton. Democrat Bob McCook of Cherry was nominated for the vice chairman position by fellow Democrat Rob Pozzi of Spring Valley.
Entwhistle won the election on a 14 to 9 vote with the vote following party lines. Entwhistle has been on the board since 2004.
New board member Tom Ptasnik of Walnut was unable to attend Monday’s special meeting.
After Monday’s meeting, Anderson said the biggest challenges facing the county board will be the implementation of the new radio communication system, and as always, keeping a balanced budget.
Also at Monday’s meeting, Anderson distributed committee assignments for the new year. Among those assignments were:
• ESDA/Zoning: Entwhistle as chairman, Ralph Anderson, John Baracani, Tom Dobrich, Jeff Mangrich, Connie Stetson, Loretta Volker.
• Transportation: Steve Sondergroth as chairman, Joe Bassetti, Tom Giordano, Rob Pozzi, Tom Ptasnik, Dan Rabe, Jim Thompson.
• Law/Assessments: Mary Jane Marini as chairman, Jim Donarski, Deb Feeney, Marsha Lilley, Pozzi, Robin Rediger, Derek Whited.
• Buildings and Grounds: Kristi Warren as chairman, Robert Albrecht, Baracani, Mike Kohr, Mike Maynard, Rediger, Thompson.
• Insurance: Kohr as chairman, Donarski, Feeney, Maynard, Bob McCook, Ptasnik, Warren.
• Fees and Salaries: Entwhistle as chairman, Dobrich, Mangrich, Marini, McCook, Sondergroth, Stetson.
• Animal Control: Bassetti as chairman, Giordano, Lilley.
• Health Department: Volker as board representative.
Comment on this story at www.bcrnews.com.