Home Delivery

Home Delivery
Local news, sports, opinion and more. The Bureau County Republican is published Wednesday and Saturday mornings.

Text Alerts

Text Alerts
Stay connected to us wherever you are! With bcralerts, get breaking news updates along with other area information sent to you as a text message to your wireless device or by e-mail.

Email Newsletters

Email Newsletters
Keep up with what's going on in your community by reading the bcrbriefs. This easy to read synopsis of today's news will be emailed directly to you Tuesday through Saturday at no charge. Sign up today!
The Holiday Gift Auction is Live! Click here and bid now on great local gifts!

Court hearing held for Storm

PRINCETON — Bond has been set at $3,000 for the Princeton man charged with domestic battery following a day-long search Monday by area law enforcement agencies.

Geno Storm, 60, appeared in Bureau County Court Wednesday afternoon for a bond hearing before Associate Circuit Judge C.J. Hollerich. After setting bond, the judge appointed the public defender to represent Storm. A pre-trial date was set for 8:30 a.m. Jan. 23 before Hollerich.

In giving evidence in the case, Bureau County State’s Attorney Patrick Herrmann said Storm allegedly went to the residence of his wife, from whom Storm is separated, at 7:30 a.m. Monday. At that time, Storm allegedly slapped and choked his estranged wife. The Princeton Police received a 9-1-1 call about 9:40 a.m. from Storm’s wife.

When requesting a bond amount for Storm, Herrmann said the Princeton man has agreed to get psychiatric treatment.

If convicted of the Class A misdemeanor, Storm could be sentenced to 364 days in the Bureau County Jail and fined $2,500, or he could be placed on probation for 24 months with a possible six-month jail sentence.

After the 10-minute bond hearing, Herrmann said other charges are pending against Storm.

As reported earlier, an estimated 25 emergency personnel and law enforcement agencies assisted in Monday’s search for Storm, who had left the Princeton residence and was allegedly suicidal. Storm turned himself into authorities about 6:30 p.m. Monday at the Bureau County Jail. At that time, Storm said he was not suicidal, refused to go to a hospital for medical treatment, and asked for an attorney, according to Princeton Police Chief Tom Root said.

Comment on this story at www.bcrnews.com. 

Loading more