Manlius Village Board
MANLIUS — The Manlius Village Board took action on the following items at its meeting Nov. 6:
• Approved an ordinance to create the TIF revitalization project, following a TIF update from Herb Klein of Thomas Jacobs’s office.
• Heard from Village Engineer Jack Kusek the street repaving project has been completed. Kusek had pay requests from Rock Solid Stabilization for $91,451.13 and Advanced Asphalt for $8,6871.80.
• Discussed the driveway through the post office and in front of Larry Rowland’s house.
• Heard Kusek had contacted Ameren about the electrical problems at the park, but had not yet received an answer.
• Approved having the water tower painted for a cost of $32,000. The water tower renovation is under way.
• Heard the new storage shelving for the basement had arrived.
• Tabled any action on the water meter upgrade project.
• Heard from Kusek the bridge on Maple Street should be replaced in the next seven to 10 years.
• Heard there are three water accounts that are past due and will be getting 10 day shut-off notices.
• Approved waiving the $50 address change fee for the Bureau Valley School District.
• Approved a motion to amend the liquor ordinance to add a third liquor license on a 3-2 vote following a public comment from Jerry Blanford.
• Heard from Tammy Benson that her zoning change was approved.
• Tabled any action on the auditor’s best practice recommendations.
• Discussed the railroad crossing gates being down and no train present.
• Approved a request for a zoning ordinance from Glen Stanley to go from B1 to R2.
• Discussed the sidewalk by Charlie Hunt’s that needs to be put back in.