ISP reports roadside safety check results
LASALLE — The Illinois State Police announced the results of a roadside safety check held during the late evening hours of Dec. 1 and early morning hours of Dec. 2. The detail was conducted at Route 6 westbound at Dalzell Road by ISP District 17 officers.
Alcohol is involved in more than 40 percent of fatal crashes in Illinois. RSCs are designed to remove alcohol-impaired drivers, however, when other violations are observed such as driving with a suspended or revoked license, operating a vehicle without a valid registration or insurance, or safety belt violations, enforcement action may be taken. The following citations were issued at the safety check:
• Registration offenses — two warnings.
• Driver’s license offenses — two citations, four warnings.
• Occupant restraint offenses — six citations.
• Driving under the influence arrests — none.
• Other alcohol/drug arrests — one.
• Total citations — 15.
• Total written warnings — 26.
This project was funded through the Illinois Department of Transportation’s Division of Traffic Safety.