PRINCETON — The Bureau County Board conducted the following business at its Dec. 11 meeting at the Bureau County Courthouse in Princeton:
• Set mileage rate reimbursement at 56.5 cents per mile, effective Jan. 1, 2013, for county employees and county board members, following the recommended rate set by the Internal Revenue Service. Also noted county board members will receive $75 for regular board meetings and $25 for appointed committee meetings. If board members do not attend a meeting, they will not be paid for the meeting.
• Heard attorney Stephen Gunning is retiring from his position as an assistant public defender. Eric May will fill Gunning's position, with attorney Jacob Frost taking May's vacated position.
• Heard an update from Buildings and Ground Committee Chairman Kristi Warren on the communication system upgrade for sheriff's department. The work is nearing completion and should be in place by the January 2013 deadline. Intercom options for the jail are still be researched, Warren added.
• Appointed Dr. Gregg Davis to the Bureau County Board of Health, effective December 2012 through June 2015.
• Approved a 2.75-percent wage adjustment for non-union county highway employees.
• Approved a rezoning request from Glen Stanley to rezone property from B-1 to R-2 to bring an existing single-family residence into compliance with zoning ordinance.