Ohio Grade School 11-20
OHIO — The Ohio Grade School Board of Education took action on the following items at its meeting Nov. 20:
• Authorized Superintendent Sharon Sweger to apply for a bus program through the EPA that offers about $20,000 for schools to scrap a bus and purchase a newer bus.
• Approved the Resolution of Estimated Amounts for Tentative Levy as presented.
• Heard enrollment is 87.
• Heard a presentation on the Illinois School Report Card from Sweger. The district did not make AYP for the first time in reading only. Sweger said the state target for the percentage of students meeting/exceeding standards in reading is 85 percent and Ohio scored 66 percent. Eighteen students did not meet in reading, including four regular education and 14 special education students.
• Employed Clarence (Morrie) Vincent as a part-time bus driver, and employed Roberta Davis as a part-time bus driver pending certification.
• Approved Jordan Olson as unpaid volunteer cheerleading coach assistant.
• Approved placement of a student in the Alternative Education Program.