SHEFFIELD — The Sheffield Village Board took action on the following items at its meeting Dec. 3:
• Approved the payment of bills in the amount of $7,125.77.
• Approved having the village employees remove the last two trees in the Main Street business district.
• Approved the tax levy. The board also approved the tax abatement for payment of the Alternate Obligation Bonds
• Approved paying Beverly J Lindahl $60 per month to clean the Community Center on a six-month basis, and to be evaluated after that time.
* Heard a report from the village engineer on the progress of the water main project.
• Heard Officer Todd Marquez was returning to work this week. He will be speaking with Jim Shipp from the sheriff’s office regarding compliance with the narrow-banding of the village's radios.
• Heard the Ford truck is to go to Bells Transmission for a transmission leak repair.
• Heard Leif Porter will order two new dumpsters for Casey’s General Store, which will pay half of the costs. It was thought the other two dumpsters might be repaired and then used for the village.