LaMoille School Board 10-15
LAMOILLE — The LaMoille School Board took action on the following items at its meeting Oct. 15:
• Heard the Athletic Boosters ran concessions at Junior Tackle, supplied food for the GVB Tournament, Lion’s breakfast, purchased 10 practice jerseys for Allen, purchased warm ups for high school boys' basketball, purchased stadium chairs, and gifts for GVB Senior night. The Boosters are also willing to repair the announcer’s booth at the high school.
• Approved a motion to spend $920 for the purchase of chairs for the music department, following a request from Lisa Moore. In the past, the boosters have purchased some chairs, instruments, and have paid for some students to participate in the music program.
• Heard the September financial report showed expenditures of: $182,606.55 in the education fund, $17,042.30 in the building fund, $14,176.19 in transportation, $9,543.58 in IMRF, $662.50 in tort, and $3,179.07 in fire prevention.
• Heard LaMoille is one of eight pilot schools in Illinois to participate in writing the school improvement plan under the Rising Star IRRC.
• Tabled action on the repair of the driveway east of the high school pending obtaining an independent evaluation.
• Approved a motion to approve Site A on the south side of the football field garage for erecting the FFA greenhouse.
• Approved the 2012-13 recognition of schools.
• Approved a request for Allen gym rental.
• Approved the district continuous improvement plan.
• Approved district vision and mission statements.
• Accepted the resignation of Kristy Kessel as the high school cook. The board then approved a motion to hire Jennifer Nowacki to fill the position.
• Approved a motion to increase the salary of Superintendent Colette Sutton by $1,022.73 and Principal Jim Brandau by $666.30 for 2012-13 school year.