OHIO — The Ohio Grade School Board took action on the following items at its meeting Dec. 18:
• Heard concerns from Linda Beattie regarding what year the district lets students drop out of band. Beattie and board member Rachael Fitzpatrick also expressed their concerns with the pep band playing at two games a week. They said it was too much to expect of the students and they would like it changed to one night a week. Superintendent Sharon Sweger said she would talk to teacher Patrick Anderson about changing it so the students played in Pep Band only once a week.
• Approved the final levy as presented.
• Approved new waste contract with Illinois Valley Waste (which is less costly to the district).
• Heard enrollment is 84, a decrease of three students since November.
• Heard the district hosted the BVEC Boy’s Basketball tournament Dec. 1-6.
• Heard Santa’s Elves went shopping Dec. 7; and Santa’s Workshop was held Dec. 12-13.
• Voted to retain the executive session minutes from the Nov. 20, 2012, meeting.
• Employed Robert Kleist as part-time bus driver, pending certification.
The next regularly scheduled meeting will be at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the school library.