CHARLESTON – The Honors College at Eastern Illinois University has announced Sarah Schlund of Princeton a recipient of the Spring 2013 Undergraduate Research, Scholarship and Creative Activities Research Grants.
Schlund received a grant of $500 for her research, “Puccinia marlae-wilsonlae and Claytonia virginica: A Pathogen’s Tale.” Schlund, a 2009 graduate of Princeton High School, is the daughter of Donald and Barbara Schlund.
In keeping with the university's mission to foster opportunities for student-faculty scholarship, the Honors College offers undergraduates the opportunity to apply for competitive funding to promote their research, scholarship and creative activities.
More Education News
- Local students are participants in IHSA All State choir
- World Language Organization installs new officers for 2013-14
- Crossroads High School students take trip to Creation Museum
- Hall High School prom court announced
- Bradford Junior High Scholastic Bowl competes