LADD — The Ladd Village Board took action on Jan. 8:
• Received a proposal of $4,205 from Pohar & Sons to correct a flat spot on Cleveland Street.
• Received a proposal of $5,915 from Pohar & Sons to cut 12 inches off of a manhole in the Fox Brothers field rather than bringing in more black dirt to cover it.
• Heard a new 9.5-foot snowplow has arrived.
• Heard a resident of the Martin Subdivision would like to build a garage off of the alley. Since there is only a utility easement and not an alley in the subdivision, the village could not give permission since it does not own it.
• Heard the Illinois Rural Water Association had been scheduled to provide leak detection service in the Martin subdivision.
• Approved a liquor license for the Ladd Fire Department for its Feb. 16 fundraiser.
• Accepted proposals from Connecting Point of $1,324.28 plus labor for a three-year renewal of Symantec Endpoint Protection, and $77 plus labor to replace a battery on the file server.
• Heard that again this year, the Ladd Community Improvement Association has given a $300 donation for 12 utility customers to receive a $25 holiday billing credit.