Two killed in Putnam County accident
The Putnam County Sheriff’s Department received a call at 7:07 a.m. Monday of a single vehicle accident on Route 26 and Clear Creek Road in Magnolia.
The vehicle, driven by Brandon J. Ransom, 22, left the roadway for unknown reasons, struck a guardrail and entered a creek bed. The vehicle overturned ejecting both occupants.
Ransom of rural route Magnolia and Stephanie Anne Lomedico, 19, of rural Magnolia, were both pronounced dead at the scene.
The Putnam County Sheriff’s Department was assisted by PCEMS and Hennepin Fire Department. The accident is currently under investigation by the Putnam County Sheriff’s Department, Illinois State Police accident reconstructionists and the Putnam County death investigator. Autopsies were scheduled for Tuesday.
More Local News
- Princeton residents arrested on drug charges
- Pension reform and teachers
- Walnut Food Pantry gears up for the holiday season
- ‘Freezin’ for a Reason’ generates toys, money, hope
- Christmas ... and a step back in time