Neponset Village Board
NEPONSET — The Neponset Village Board took action on the following items at its meeting Jan. 23:
• Heard Trustee John Pratt will have police check out complaints about inoperable vehicles parked on roadways.
• Heard from Trustee Barb Jannie there was one call for a building permit.
• Heard from Trustee Ken Snyder that since December’s power outage, which lasted three days, it is evident the village needs a generator for the new water plant. Snyder said the engineering company is looking into the size and cost for the generator.
• Approved the purchase of tires and wheels to fit the backhoe.
• Heard from Germaine Breitbach that Verna Cinnamon would like to invite everyone to her 90th birthday celebration, which will be held at the Neponset Community Building at 2 p.m. Feb. 23.