LADD — The citizens of Ladd are the recent recipients of a belated Christmas present from the members of Holy Trinity Cherry.
In appreciation of what all the citizens of Ladd have done for Holy Trinity Cherry over the past 100-plus years, and as a symbol of future friendships, church trustees Terry Templeton and Jim Pozzi presented a special gift to the city of Ladd leadership team.
The gift itself is the nativity set that had been used at St. Benedict’s Church in Ladd for many years. The group from Cherry accidentally became aware of its existence recently and was able to secure it. It was provided for by an individual donation.
St. Benedict’s Church in Ladd originally assisted in the establishment of Holy Trinity Cherry in 1905. For many years, Holy Trinity Cherry was a mission to St. Benedict’s before gaining independent status.
Ladd and Cherry have a great deal in common historically and demographically with both having roots with the same Chicago Milwaukee and St. Paul railroad, coal mining and Italian, Irish, Polish and Catholic heritages.