Ladd Village Board
LADD — The Ladd Village Board took action on the following items at its meeting Jan. 22:
• Approved a final change order of $68,369.91 and a pay request of $335,253.74 from Pohar & Sons for work on the Cleveland Street sewer separation project.
• Tabled a decision to purchase a truckload of wood power poles, since the proposals were not quoted as requested.
• Heard the snowplow had been installed and toolboxes purchased for the street department’s new pickup truck. Authorization was given to contact Communications Direct to install the radio antenna on the truck.
• Heard different styles of LED lighting had been installed at three intersections in town. Board members were asked to state their preferences at the meeting on Tuesday.
• Heard the monthly testing of the outdoor warning sirens would resume in February due to the completion of narrow banding by Braniff Communications.
• Heard a P2D2 prescription drug disposal box is now located in the village clerk’s office.
• Approved the liquor licenses of Cancun, Lanuti’s, Rip’s, Softails, Casey’s, Ladd Lanes and Dick’s.
• Approved a request from representatives of the Ladd Community Improvement Association to re-landscape the Kennedy Park sign at the corner of Locust and Summit. The design was done by Paul Quinn, and the entire project will be funded by the Ladd CIA.
• Changed the March 12 regular board meeting to March 14.
• Approved a $25 donation to the Hall Athletic Parents Club for their drawdown.
• Received a draft copy of an Internet and Telecommunications Policy for village employees. Board members will review the policy for discussion at the Feb. 12 meeting.
• Heard a proposal from auctioneer Ralph Davis to hold auctions in the Ladd Community Center. He requested the board’s consideration of a daily rental rate rather than the current hourly rate. No decision was made until it is determined whether the use of the center for commercial purposes would affect the tax-exempt status of the property.
• Heard the Jan. 15 negotiating session with the IBEW was cancelled, and no new date had been set.
• Approved the payment of bills in the amount of $97,579.01.
The next regularly scheduled board meeting will be at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the village hall.