Sheffield Village Board
SHEFFIELD — The Sheffield Village Board took action on the following items at its meeting Jan. 21:
• Approved bills for payment in the amount of $17,792.69.
• Approved a request by Music on Main to hold event on Main Street on July 20, following a request from Tim Pratt. The board tabled his request for $4,000 from the band fund until the next board meeting.
• Approved payment to J.W. Ossola, Inc. for work done on the grant project in the amounts of $1,436.70 and $20,383.20. Grant money for this part of the project has been exhausted.
• Heard from village engineer Aaron Full the Reed Street water main project is near completion. There is still one connection to make and roadwork to complete. The bypass systems have been installed in the north and south lift stations. The wet well structures are due to be delivered mid-March.
• Tabled written requests from Burton Doty to have the tree removed at the corner of Main and South streets, and for approval to replace sidewalk on his rental property.
• Discussed getting a generator for the community center so that it could be utilized as a heating or cooling center during emergencies. Village President Bill Rosenow will get estimates and present them to the board.
• Saw a certificate received by Rosenow announcing the listing of the village hall in the National Register of Historical Places.
The next regularly scheduled board meeting will be held at 7 p.m. Monday at the Sheffield Community Center.