NEPONSET — The Neponset Village Board took action on the following items at its meeting Feb. 20:
• Heard Trustee John Pratt will contact Jim Shipp regarding lapel microphones for police officers.
• Approved a motion to let AI Kaiser use Burtleson Park for a wedding June 16.
• Heard from Trustee Wayne Gerrond the pump motor on Well No. 4 is out again. Gerrond will have information regarding a pump for the water department for repairing water breaks and leaks at next meeting.
• Heard a letter will be mailed to all residents with grinder pumps regarding misuse and another letter to all customers regarding the flushing of non-flushable items.
• Tabled the purchase of a lawnmower and the parking ordinance to the March meeting.
• Heard from Matt Hansen from Willett Hofmann Engineering firm regarding the village’s purchase of a generator for the water treatment plant.
• Heard from Village President Carl Rohrig that Jerry Weiss is interested in purchasing the old high school and wants to know if the board will consider rezoning if necessary. The board agreed no action is needed now but will consider it if needed later.
• Approved a building permit for a 20-foot-by-20-foot building at 309 Elm St. for Sheri Long.