It won’t be long now. On Sunday, we will wake up in Daylight Saving Time, which means we’ll get an extra hour of daylight every day. Aaahhh ... I’ve been waiting for this since last November when we turned our clocks back an hour! You can’t imagine how many weeks have passed when I never get to see my home in the daylight, since I leave before it gets light and come home after dark.
Don’t forget ... “Spring forward” on Saturday night before you go to bed.
Checkered Flag Challenge: Do you like racing? Do you like contests? Then join our Checkered Flag Challenge for a chance to win great prizes. Select your favorite drivers for each race. If you pick the best team of drivers, you could win great prizes. The grand prize package is from the Michigan International Speedway. Compete against your friends and family to see who is the best. You don’t have to be a racing fan to get in on the action. Check it out on our website at www.bcrnews.com and look for the “Contest” tab. Good luck!
Customer Service Kudos: Do you know a business or individual who delivers great customer service? If so, send me an email at email@example.com, and I’ll share your good fortune with other readers. Following are the Kudos I’ve received recently:
• Mary said, “Thank you to Cheryl at Four Seasons, Princeton. She was so helpful in locating a couple items in the color and size I needed from another location. I really appreciated the time she took to help me get the perfect outfit.”
• Cheryl said, “My Customer Service Kudos are for the Spring Valley Bakery. I also feel like such an important customer there. Even when I just go in and buy one item (which is hard to do), they treat me like I’m the most important customer they’ve had all day long.”
• Don said, “You can get great customer service at Joe’s Midtown. The guys there take the time to talk to you and explain the problems they’ve found Besides that, I drive away feeling like my problem is fixed. That’s nice nowadays!”
Just a reminder ... As the weather gets warmer, Bureau County will begin playing host to all kinds of special activities and events. Please let us know about your activities, so we can let other readers know about your events. Send your information promotional photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, as much as we’d like to come and take photos at every event in the county, it just isn’t possible. Therefore, we always appreciate the photos you send to us, and we’ll be happy to publish them in the newspaper or Bureau County Journal. Just send your photos to email@example.com, and make sure you include information about the event and who is in the photo. We appreciate photos that are close up and in focus, and cell phone photos usually don’t reproduce very well. Call BCR Associate Editor Rita Roberts if you have any questions at 815-875-4461, ext. 227.
Just for fun ... One of our readers in Putnam County/Tonica delivered us the following challenge. I’ve been trying all weekend to do it. It’s impossible!
You have to try this. And there’s nothing you can do about it! You and I both know how stupid it is, but before the day is done, you are going to try it again, if you’ve not already done so. This will boggle your mind, and it will keep you trying over and over again to see if you can outsmart your foot, but you can’t.
1. Without anyone watching you (they will think you are goofy), and while sitting at your table/desk, lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles.
2. Now, while doing this, draw the No. 6 in the air with your right hand. Your foot will automatically change direction.
I told you so ...
Have a great week, my friends. And remember ... you are important to me and the BCR.