SHEFFIELD – The Sheffield Village Board took action on the following items at its meeting March 18:
• Approved bills for payment in the amount of $74,244.46.
• Approved NCICG payment of $5,250.00 from the CDAP grant.
• Approved the purchase of four tires for the garbage truck.
• Heard the village is still waiting on lawn mower quotes.
• Heard Superintendent Leif Porter is working on the motor fuel tax proposal for the 2013-14 fiscal year.
• Heard clean-up day will be April 24. Porter suggested a restriction of no more than a 3-foot-by-3-foot-by-6-foot pile will be picked up. This will be posted on the sign, on Facebook and in the water bills.
• Received a thank you note from the family of Mick DeFauw for the plant sent in his remembrance.
• Heard the ESDA siren has been tested and works fine.