Bureau County Board 4-11
PRINCETON — The Bureau County Board conducted the following business at its April 11 meeting at the Bureau County Courthouse in Princeton:
• Heard from Law Committee Chairman Mary Jane Marini the county board will discuss the failed energy aggregation referendum at the board's May meeting, after final votes are counted and verified from the April 9 election.
• Approved a conditional use permit to Marc Wilt to build a private landing strip on his family property in Walnut Township.
• Approved a request from Troy Thompson to rezone property from M-2 to B-3 in Concord Township for a multi-purpose open air bar and recreation area. The common location for the proposed project is on the north side of Route 6/34 just east of the railroad tracks, about 900 feet west of Route 40.
• Approved a conditional use permit from Northern Partners Cooperative for upgrade work at its LaMoille Township facility.
• Approved a rezoning request from Crop Production Services to rezone property in Walnut Township from B-1 to M-2 for expansion work.
• Appointed Stephen Duffield as a trustee to the Ladd Fire Protection District; Steve Stouffer as a trustee to the LaMoille Fire Protection District; James Draper as a trustee to the Sheffield Fire Protection District; and Delmar Hansen as a trustee to the Walnut Fire Protection District.
• Appointed William Stouffer as a trustee to the Greenfield Cemetery Association.
• Heard from BPART program administrator Mike Neuenkirchen asking the county's support as BPART applies for grant funding. The county voted to support the grant funding request.
• Heard from board member Loretta Volker urging county board members and their constituents to participate in the April 27 collection of unwanted and unused prescription medicines, as sponsored by the Community Partners Against Substance Abuse coalition and area law enforcement agencies. Since starting its collection in 2010, Bureau County has collected 2,800 pounds of unwanted and unused prescription medicines, Volker said.
• Proclaimed May as Motorcycle Awareness Month.