SPRING VALLEY – The Hall High School Board took action on the following items at its meeting April 18:
• Adopted a number of policy revisions, including one on student residency.
• Approved a revised school calendar for the 2012-13 school year to account for the days the school was closed in March – one due to weather and the other due to boiler problems. The new calendar has the last day of classes on May 28.
• Heard about the new teacher evaluation process that must be in effect by 2016.
• Approved hiring Ann Maller as summer school English teacher; Pete Kasperski as summer driver education instructor; and Joe Panzica as summer driver education instructor.
• Approved hiring Josiah Martin as head girls basketball year coach for the 2013-14 school year; and Brian Green as assistant boys basketball coach for the 2013-14 school year.
The board will next meet at 6 p.m. May 7 to seat newly-elected board members and elect new officers.