Ladd Village Board 4-9
LADD – The Ladd Village Board conducted the following business at its meeting April 9:
• Heard Bob and Beth Wales request permission to set up their concession trailer on South Main property. A decision was tabled for the April 23 meeting.
• Discussed the maintenance of the 100,000-gallon water tank.The inspector has suggested the exterior be pressure washed at an estimated cost of $2,400 and a primer and topcoat of paint be applied at an estimated cost of $25,000. Foundation repair is also needed and is estimated to cost $5,000. Engineer Larry Good estimated that spending $35,000 on the tank could give the village an additional four to six years.
• Heard an update on the school crossing signals with an estimate the lights could be updated by the beginning of the 2013-14 school year.
• Discussed the poor condition of the parking lot at the Community Center.
• Heard Police Chief Bill Gaefcke continues to research prices for a new squad car.
• Heard Francisco Madera of LaSalle state his intent to purchase property on North Main and construct a building for a welding shop. He was advised to delay purchasing the property until Village Attorney Pat Barry could research the issue of whether manufacturing would be allowed in a B2 – Business District.
• Heard many homes and businesses do not display a street address number which could result in a delay in emergency response time.
• Heard that many requests are received for information on the disposal of electronic items and decided to schedule an electronics recycling event.
• Discussed a proposal to purchase a computer and printer for the clerk’s office.
• Entered closed session to discuss collective bargaining matters.
The next meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. May 14 in the Ladd Village Hall.