LASALLE – The Illinois State Police has announced the results of Nighttime Enforcement Patrols (NITE) held during the late evening hours of April 26. The patrols were conducted in LaSalle and Bureau counties by ISP District 17 officers.
Alcohol is involved in nearly 40 percent of fatal crashes in Illinois. NITE patrols are designed to keep the roads safe by removing alcohol-impaired drivers. However, when other violations are observed such as driving with a suspended or revoked license, operating a vehicle without a valid registration or insurance, or safety belt violations, enforcement action may be taken.
The following citations were issued during the patrols:
• Registration offenses - one warning.
• Driver's license offenses - two warnings.
• Occupant restraint offenses - three citations.
• Total citations/arrests - 13 citations.
• Total written warnings - 36 warnings.
This project was funded through the Illinois Department of Transportation, Division of Traffic Safety.