PRINCETON — The Princeton Elementary School Board conducted the following business at its meeting April 29:
• Thanked former board member George Kauffman for his many years of service on the PES Board, as well as his prior years on the Tiskilwa School Board. Kauffman did not seek re-election to the board.
• Heard the state of Illinois still owes PES $178,231 in the education fund and $86,591 in the transportation fund.
• Heard from Principal Eleanor Walker on the preschool and kindergarten screening process which includes hearing and vision tests, motor and cognitive development evaluations, and speech and language development evaluations. The screenings help the district determine needs of the child and to develop curriculum.
• Heard retiring staff members Diane Nyman, Brian Herron, Rick Kamrath, Chris Smith, and Kay Wallace will be honored at a May 28 open house, from 4 to 6 p.m., at the Logan West cafeteria.
• Accepted the retirement of Diane Nyman, effective June 1; Dave Rucinski, effective at the end of the 2016-17 school year; and Sandy Hall, as board recording secretary, effective July 1.
• Hired Pam Warren as account payable receptionist.
• Set the May 20 meeting time at 5:30 p.m., instead of the usual 7 p.m. meeting time.