LADD – The Ladd Community Consolidated School District Board of Education met May 6 to reorganize after the April election. John Piccatto Sr., Marie Giordano, Paul Quinn and Bob Morrow were all re-elected and seated. Board officers are Piccatto, president and Illinois Association of School Board Delegate; Mosbach, vice president; and Giordano, secretary. Deb Pinter and Rhonda Bezely were reappointed recording secretary and treasurer respectively. Geri Miller will continue as the IMRF agent for the district, and North Central Bank will continue as the district’s depository. The board will meet on the third Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. in the school library.
In other business, the board:
• Learned the district received a grant from Fairmont Minerals for school safety.
• Learned the district’s waiver of tuition for out of district full-time district employees’ children was approved by the state board effective with the 2013-14 school year.
• Heard money raised from the student council paper drive will be used to purchase a tree for the school grounds.
• Heard Camden McDonald received a first place ranking at the regional science fair.
• Heard 140 guests ate lunch with students on the school talent show/grandparent luncheon day.
• Congratulated Kami Walk, a fourth grader, for finishing in the top 20 in the Bureau County Tar Wars contest.
• Heard the Ladd Education and Enrichment Foundation is planning their 5K race for October 26 and a Rip’s fundraiser on Oct. 7.
• Heard the Ladd and Leepertown districts met the requirements for the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act when providing special education services to students last year.
• Authorized Superintendent Michelle Zeko to re-bid transportation costs.
• Authorized Zeko to purchase stage lighting.
• Approved a proposal for $18,000 from WJEA for additional roof testing and architectural plans to repair any problems found.
• Accepted the resignations at the end of the school year of Pam Beck and Lisa Abbott with regret.
• Accepted intents to retire at the end of the 2015-16 school year from Lori Fiocchi and Linda Tumbleson.
• Set the amended budget hearing for 7 p.m. June 18, and set a transportation committee meeting for 6 p.m. May 21.
The next regular meeting of the Board of Education will be held at 7 p.m. May 21 in the school library.