Neponset Village Board 5-15
NEPONSET – The Neponset Village Board took action on the following items at its meeting May 15:
• Saw re-elected trustees Ken Snyder, Barb Jannie and Eugene Costin and village president Carl Rohrig sworn into office.
• Approved the payment of bills with the exception of the invoice from Caldwell for the water tower repair until the amount is verified by Matt Hansen from Willett Hofmann.
• Approved a motion to purchase stamps for the water billing a month ahead in order to expedite the mailing of the water bills.
• Approved repairing a broken wire at the sewer plant that has caused problems.
• Approved the purchase of a generator from B & B Cyclery to power the trash pump the village just purchased for water breaks and for all-purpose use in the village for a price up to $1,600.
• Heard Well No. 4 is repaired, and the village needs to purchase a surge protector to prevent damage in the future.
• Heard there were two complaints about dogs which were resolved by the police.
• Heard residents were asking about the status of the Lindbeck House. Trustee Ken Snyder said there is a plan in place to demolish the house.
• Heard the village employee mowed one overgrown lawn.
• Heard preparations for Picnic Day are moving along.
• Heard there should be a proposal for the generator and its installation at the water plant at the June meeting.
• Approved accepting a variance requested in a zoning application.
• Accept the appropriations ordinance for 2013-14.
• Discussed if the village was exempt from the burning of yard waste ordinance.
• Approved a request from Germaine Breitbach to seed the area by the Community Building side door before Picnic Day.