PRINCETON — The Bureau County Board conducted the following business at its June 11 meeting at the Bureau County Courthouse in Princeton:
• Appointed Wade Blackert as a trustee to the Mineral-Gold fire Protection District; Andrew Kunkel a a trustee to the Seatonville fire Protection District; and Larry Thomas to the Bureau County Housing Authority Board.
• Approved a rezoning request from Michael and Mary Bates to rezone property in Neponset Township from agriculture to rural estate to build a single-family home.
• Heard from Mike Neuenkirchen from BPART (Bureau Putnam Area Rural Transport) about a possible grant through the Illinois Department of Transportation. The grant would allow BPART to get additional vehicles for its fleet and to replace current vehicles with high mileage. The county will apply for the grant, on behalf of BPART.
• Heard the Fees and Salaries Committee is still working on the ESDA coordinator position job description and salary.
• Approved terminating reconciliation services provided by Butler Insurance with Bureau County Clerk Kami Hieronymus taking over the reconciliation process. The action will be a savings of about $10,000 a year.
• Approved a contract with Guither Tree Service for trimming and thinning tree work at the courthouse and Soldiers and Sailors Park at a cost of $1,380.