LADD – The Ladd Village Board took action of the following items at its meeting June 11:
• Heard the contractor has not done anything to finish the Cleveland Street sewer separation project.
• Heard paperwork for the Cleveland Street culvert repair will soon be sent to the state for review.
• Heard a letter has been sent to Chapman’s Mechanical explaining the condition of the lift station generator controls at start-up is the same condition they were in during the April storm event.
• Due to continued vandalism in the park restrooms, the board reviewed pricing on electric hand dryers. Due to the estimated $2,200 cost, no action was taken.
• Heard Superintendent Doug Englehaupt’s request for a three-point tiller. He was directed to obtain pricing for consideration at the following meeting.
• Received the police department’s activity report for May.
• Approved a drug and alcohol policy for employees.
• Passed an Enterprise Zone ordinance for the Spring Valley Senior Living Development.
• Renewed membership with North Central Illinois Council of Governments.
• Discussed establishing new water rates for bulk water sales and for users in unincorporated areas.
• Established a flat rental fee of $50 for fundraisers held in the Ladd Community Center.
• Received a donation from Audrey Thompson from a luncheon held in the Community Center during Ladd’s villagewide garage sales.
• Recommended the removal of a tree on the berm at 108 N. Bureau Ave.
• Scheduled a Finance Committee meeting for 6 p.m. July 9 to work on the Fiscal Year 2014 appropriations.
• Heard warnings would be issued to anyone caught throwing grass clippings onto village streets. A second violation would result in the issuance of a ticket.
• Approved hiring Rhonda Bezely as a full-time employee effective July 1.
The board will next meet in regular session at 6:30 p.m. June 25 in the village hall.