The 31st annual Jimmy D Golf Day will be held July 14 at Spring Creek and Deer Park Country Club in Oglesby.
The outing is named for Jimmy DeAngelo, who died in 1983 at the age of 37 after fighting cancer. The proceeds from this event will be devoted to the building of the surgical center currently under construction St. Margaret’s Hospital. Last year’s event raised $20,480 and in 30 years has raised more than $620,000.
The golfer donation is $90 prepaid or $100 if paid on July 14, which includes cart rental, green fees, refreshment and door prizes. Golfers will play in sixsomes. For more information, call Diane Janz at 815-664-7260.
• Men’s Club Outing: The DePue Men’s Club will host a golf outing June 29 at Spring Creek Golf Course to benefit the Support the Dam project. The cost of $60 in the 2-person scramble and four-person team formats includes 18 holes of golf with a cart and beverages. For more information, contact Roger Harrison at 815-447-2024.
• Jay Braida Memorial: The 4th annual Jay Braida Memorial Golf Open will be July 13 at Hunter’s Ridge. This year’s recipient is Danny Gelsomino, a 1987 Princeton High School graduate and father of two battling cancer. Entry fee is $60, including 18 holes of golf, cart, dinner and prizes. Dinner ticket is $15. Used golf balls and prizes are needed. For more information, visit firstname.lastname@example.org or check their Facebook page.
• Birdies for charity: Friends of Strays No Kill Animal Shelter in Princeton is participating in the Birdies for Charity fundraiser through the John Deere Classic Golf Tournament. This is a fun and easy way to support Friends of Strays and you might have a chance to win a 2013 Chevy by guessing the correct number of birdies during this year’s tournament. All of the money pledged for Friends of Strays goes to the shelter as well as a match from the tournament itself. Pledges are due by July 2. Forms for participating are available at the Shelter or by calling either 815-872-7387 or 815-866-2940.
• Bear down: Former Chicago Bears Emery Moorehead, Steve McMichael, Michael Richardson and Dwayne Bates will be attending the ServiceMaster Restoration by DSI Charity Golf Outing for the American Red Cross on July 26 at Hunter’s Ridge Golf Course. Registration and lunch starts at 11 a.m. with a shotgun start at 12:30 p.m. Cost is $65 per person. For more information,call 800-954-9444.
• Hole in one: Vern Golden of Seatonville aced the 170-yard, No. 3 hole at Spring Creek June 13. His hole-in-one was witnessed by Mickey Quartucci of Spring Valley and Gene Marzetta of Utica.
• Wyaton Hills roundup: Subtract putts was the Play of the Day for Monday’s Wyaton Ladies Day. Winners were Nita Wyatt (28), Ann Lusher (29), Mary Thompson (32) and Phyllis Miller (32). ... Gary Patterson scored low gross (38) and Fred Kimberley had low net (28) for the Wednesday Men’s League. Patterson carded birdies on No. 1 and 7. ... Nita Wyatt posted the low net (30) and low gross (3) for the Thursday’s Women’s League. Kim Mantel had a chip-in on No. 1.
• Indian Hills roundup: Trudi Colby, Nikki Frankrenreider and Janelle Jones shared honors for most pars (2) in this week’s Indian Hills Women’s League.
• Hidden Lake roundup:... The Hidden Lake Ladies League held its annual Memorial Tournament Wednesday. Low net winner was Barb Peterson (41-12=29), who chooses the organization to receive donations collected from the event. Karen Taylor had low gross (40) and Janice Mueller low putts (12). Michlig’s stands in first place with 16 points.
• Chip shots: The 45th Trusted Choice Big I Junior Classic was held Friday at Spring Creek. Winners of the event will earn a spot in the Illinois finals in Pekin.