LASALLE – The Illinois State Police (ISP) have announced the results of Nighttime Enforcement Patrols (NITE) held during the late evening hours of June 15. The patrols were conducted in LaSalle County by ISP District 17 officers.
Alcohol is involved in nearly 40 percent of fatal crashes in Illinois. NITE patrols are designed to keep roads safe by removing alcohol-impaired drivers. However, when other violations are observed such as driving with a suspended or revoked license, operating a vehicle without a valid registration or insurance, or safety belt violations, enforcement action may be taken.
The following citations were issued during the patrols:
• Registration offenses - 1 citation / 2 warnings
• Driver’s license offenses - 3 warnings
• Occupant restraint offenses - 3 citations
• Total citations/arrests - 10 citations
• Total written warnings - 43 warnings
This project was funded through the Illinois Department of Transportation’s Division of Traffic Safety.