NEPONSET – The Neponset Village Board took action on the following items at its meeting June 19:
• Heard about the three culverts needing repair for Chestnut, Elm and Commercial streets. The board amended the resolution to add the three culverts to the maintenance agreement from IDOT for MFT 2013/2014.
• Heard Trustee Ken Snyder spoke with engineer from Willett Hofmann, and progress is being made for the purchase of the generator for the new water plant.
• Approved a building permit for a garage at 104 S. 1st. St.
• Heard from Trustee John Pratt there has been some theft around town. He also said some residents are complaining about kids riding 4-wheelers and speeding on the streets and the police have been informed.
• Reviewed the water ordinance and decided to take a look to see if some sections can be improved to bring it up to date.
• Heard Martin Engineering reserved the ball diamond for Aug. 19.
• Heard Village President Carl Rohrig say the village would sign the proposal for J. B. Electrical to install a surge suppressor for well #4 and the cost will be incorporated into the loan money. The board approved the cost of $3,822 for the surge suppressor for well #4.
• Accepted the intergovernmental agreement between Neponset and Princeton for mosquito eradication.
• Met the new owners of Mike’s old barber shop. They said they will be giving $4 haircuts and should open at the first of the year.