The 17th annual Illinois Valley Community College Foundation Golf Outing, “Murder in the Fairways,” will be held July 19, at Spring Creek Golf Course.
Golfers will have the chance to participate in a make-believe murder mystery. They will have the chance to obtain clues to figure out who did it, where they did it and with what weapon. Golfers who solve the murder will help a student with their education.
Check-in is from 8 to 8:45 a.m. with a shotgun start at 9 a.m. Cost of the four-person scramble is $65 per golfer and includes a continental breakfast, nine holes, contests, lunch and flight prizes.
A $25 “no-hassle” party package is available. The package includes 50 raffle tickets, a chance at two $5,000 hole-in-one prizes, a chance to be the one golfer who attempts a 50-foot putt for $2,500 and other non-golf games at various holes.
Hometown National Bank of LaSalle is the event’s title sponsor; the Foundation welcomes tee and cart sponsors as well. Cash gifts and donations of items for the event are appreciated. Payment and registration deadline is July 17. For information, call Susan Monroe at (815) 224-0253.
Jay Braida Open: The 4th annual Jay Braida Memorial Golf Open will be held July 13 at Hunter’s Ridge. All proceeds of this year’s event will go to Danny Gelsomino, a 1987 Princeton High School graduate and father of two, battling cancer.
Items for silent auctions are still be taking and dinner tickets will continue to be sold for $15. Used golf balls and prizes are needed. For more information, visit email@example.com or check their Facebook page.
• The Jimmy D: The 31st annual Jimmy D Golf Day will be held Sunday, July 14 at Spring Creek and Deer Park Country Club in Oglesby. The outing is named for Jimmy DeAngelo, who died in 1983 at the age of 37 after fighting cancer.
The proceeds from this event will be devoted to the building of the surgical center currently under construction St. Margaret’s Hospital. Last year’s event raised $20,480 and in 30 years has raised more than $620,000.
The golfer donation is $90 prepaid or $100 if paid on July 14, which includes cart rental, green fees, refreshment and door prizes. Golfers will play in sixsomes. For more information, call Diane Janz at 815-664-7260.
• Bear down: Former Chicago Bears Emery Moorehead, Steve McMichael, Michael Richardson and Dwayne Bates will be attending the ServiceMaster Restoration by DSI Charity Golf Outing for the American Red Cross on July 26 at Hunter’s Ridge Golf Course. Registration and lunch starts at 11 a.m. with a shotgun start at 12:30 p.m. Cost is $65 per person. For more information,call 800-954-9444.
• Golfing Fore Education: The Caring Hands Day Care Center in LaSalle will hold its 13th annual Golfing Fore Education tournament July 12 at the Mendota Golf Club. The proceeds from the tournament go to support the educational programs at Caring Hands Day Care Center.
The tournament is a four person shot-gun start best ball tournament. The $75 entry fee includes 18 holes of golf, player gift bag, lunch and dinner. Cash prizes for the first three teams are awarded in the amounts of $400 for the first-place team, $200 for second-place team, and $100 for third. There is a prize on every hole.
For more information or team entry forms, call Neil King at 815-224-4067, ext. 115.
• Hidden Lake roundup: Margy Palmer, Sally Riley and Karen Taylor shared a low gross of 42 in Wednesday’s HLGC Ladies League. The league’s social will be held July 17.
• Chip shots: The Greater Princeton City Open Golf Tournament will be held Aug. 3-4. It includes 18 holes at Wyaton Hills on Saturday, and 18 holes at Hunter’s Ridge on Sunday. Registration forms are at all local golf courses.The format is the same as last year.