SPRING VALLEY – The Hall High School Board took action on the following items at its meeting July 10:
• Heard an update on the new school project. Superintendent Mike Struna discussed the recent Building Committee meeting.
• Took no action on the building bond proposal scheduled for the meeting.
• Heard the senior English teachers will make changes to the curriculum to conform with what Illinois Valley Community College (IVCC) expects incoming students to know.
• Heard sophomores will visit the new technology center at IVCC in the fall to make them aware of the vocational programs.
• Approved the creation of a school board community service award for seniors. Seniors who volunteer at least 50 hours their senior year will be given a black cord to wear at graduation.
• Approved the activity bus lease for the next three years for $6,701 per year.
• Approved rehiring special education teacher aides Chris Despinis and Judy Luecke for the upcoming school year, both with a 1.4 percent salary increase.
• Accepted the resignation of Mary Ferrari as cafeteria helper; rehired Jenny Leek and Linda Seibert; and rehired Carolyn Neuhalfen as part-time French instructor.
• Hired Erin Polte as assistant volleyball coach.