LADD – The Ladd Village Board met on July 9 and conducted the following business:
• Heard village engineer Larry Good report he expects to have quotes for the repair of the Chestnut Street manhole available at today’s, Tuesday’s meeting.
• Heard that the extra inlet for the Cleveland Street sewer separation project has been installed and the only item remaining is the yard repair on East Cleveland Street.
• Heard police chief Bill Gaefcke report equipment for the new squad car has arrived.
• Agreed to provide the Ladd officer for two hours to assist the Cherry Police Department with a car show.
• Received the police department activity report for June.
• Discussed establishing new water rates for bulk water sales and for users in unincorporated areas.
• Heard the attorney report he intends to take pictures of the unsightly Pyzner Main Street property to send along with a letter to the owners.
• Accepted the quote of $5,200 with a trade-in allowance of $200 for a new Itron handheld computer to be used for electric and water meter reading.
• Accepted the village’s Fiscal Year 2013 audit report from Hopkins & Associates.