SEATONVILLE – The Seatonville Village Board met at 7 p.m. Aug. 12 and conducted the following business:
• Approved minutes from the previous meeting, to pay $5,232.26 in bills, and the July treasurer’s report.
• Received notification from Deputy Reed that a security check of the village hall was done on Aug. 5.
• Received information from North Central Illinois Council of Governments (NCICG) regarding its annual golf outing on Sept. 13 and about the Community Development Assistance Program and grant opportunity.
• Received an invoice from NCICG for the Economic Development District Annual Planning Grant matching contribution.
• The policy committee distributed and discussed revision of the animal policy and new chicken and quail flocks policy.
• Approved the 20-year contract and Ordinance Renewing and Existing Franchise to Ameren Illinois to construct, operate and maintain a gas utility system in the village.
• Discussed the DCEO grant and that the application is still on the governor’s desk for signature.
• Discussion was held on the following topics: The water plant; the FEMA representative, who is working on the village’s application for assistance; grass mowing of properties; storm drains, manhole, sidewalk and ditches on North Townline Road; park and basketball court; removal of a broken sidewalk and delinquent water accounts.