WALNUT — The Walnut Village Board met Monday night and took the following action:
• Due to the upcoming Labor Day holiday, the regularly scheduled village board meeting to be held on Sept. 2 has been rescheduled. Rather than this regular meeting, the village board will hold a special meeting at 7 p.m. Sept. 4 in the village meeting room.
• Village Superintendent Carl Minks reported a village employee has enrolled in the beginning water treatment class through Black Hawk College. This class will begin in September. Board member Lee Sarver proposed a motion to the board for the village to pay for this employee’s tuition and expenses. The motion was unanimously passed by the board.
• Village Clerk Tiffany Pistole prepared and distributed copies of the most recently passed Nuisance Ordinance. This ordinance is now ready to be included in each board member’s code book.
• Board member Duane Christensen reported the dead trees have been removed from the cemetery. Individuals have expressed interest in donating new trees for the cemetery. Further discussion will be held at a later date regarding placement of new trees.
• Board member Aaron Staker reported work is continuing on the village website. Staker also reported the recently created improvement committees are meeting and working on a presentation to be made at a second public meeting. A notice will be published as soon as this meeting is scheduled.
Comment on this story at www.bcrnews.com.