LADD — The Ladd Village Board conducted the following business at its Aug. 27 meeting:
• Heard that Brandt Builders has completed the Cleveland Street culvert replacement. The board approved a $3,913.80 net decrease change order, and a $15,729.20 pay request subject to IDOT approval.
• Heard that the manhole is being cast and JW Ossola would soon begin the Chestnut Street manhole replacement.
• Discussed the new flag band and bracket installed on the Main Street pole in front of the Village Hall. Superintendent Englehaupt is not pleased with how it attaches to the pole so work will be done using one of the old brackets.
• Chief Gaefcke announced the new squad car would arrive soon. Once the new equipment is installed, he would take it to Dick Ajster for signage.
• Passed an ordinance to allow an additional $50 charge for utility reconnections performed after normal business hours.
• Passed a resolution authorizing the sale of surplus village property.
• Passed a resolution authorizing the village president and clerk to execute documents necessary to secure a loan for the purchase of a new village squad car.
• Reviewed a request for proposals for a new residential garbage contract. The village’s current contract will expire in February 2014.
• Heard the president and clerk attended the ESDA meeting for village officials held during the simulated disaster drill on August 17.
• Heard the first installment of real estate property tax revenue has been received.
• Approved a $25 donation to the Hall High School Devilettes who will perform in the Capitol One Bowl in Florida.
The next meeting of the board will be on Tuesday.